Conbat Wallet Pt 2

I hope you like scrolling down!!
There are going to be so many photos in this...OMG! Sorry.


Struck out on finding some argyle fabric, but I DID find this plaid that I liked. Reminded me of this fanart of Conrad, so I went with it. I'm actually pretty in love with it right now, so I think it all worked out.
 

Ironed on some interfacing for this one as well.












Preparing the preparations for the Conbat, who's design was yoinked from the set of valentines Tessa made this year. I didn't particularly want to draw one up, so I enlarged the image on our photocopier, cut it out, traced the outline of the heart and Conbat onto their respective fabrics and cut them out. Then, I used the copy to rig up a stencil. Weee!

Pre-acrylic cut outs
Acrylic base colors applied.
Using the cut out as a stencil.












VOILA! Stenciled hands!


And touching them up a bit...
Almost done!
Finished! 

D'aaaww!

What the stencil looked like when done.
TIME TO GET GOING!!










Again, I used the tutorial from Confessions of a Fabricaholic. This time, I started at the beginning and made the zipper pocket below:












The inside portion all sewn together:











Inside portion's been sewn to the outer and it's been flipped right sides out. I kinda got really focused and forgot to take some pics between this and the one before. Sorry.  This is getting ready for the final stitching (which was HORRIBLE), which attaches the snap. I gave up very quickly on trying to do a zipper close.












I'll have some better shots of the completed wallet, inside and out, tomorrow, likely. But for now, some closeups of Conbat...because he's ADORABLE. Glued him on with some SUPER DUPER glue, that's very smelly, so he's drying in the basement over night. 


0 comments is not enough!:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.