Finally completed my plushie Christmas present a couple of weeks ago, and since I've finally gifted it to its rightful owner, I can now post photos! YAY!











Her body is suedecloth, hair is felt, face acrylic, and her hoodie is actually remnants of my Adelaide hoodie, with some painted details. She was made using a Deviant Art tutorial and pattern

The box was one of those pressed paper affairs from the craft store, découpaged with bat scrapbook paper inside and painted with acrylics. The design was taken from the "Color Me Surprised" page, and all done by hand.

I'd sewn Adelaide's body months ago, and finally over the Christmas break, made myself finish it up. She was finished while I watched tons of Doc Martin back to back, and then the box was painted while marathoning Veronica Mars. Yes, that is vital information. I'm about 90% satisfied with it, and I prefer looking at it in person than in the photo. Whatever.

Title is taken from Anberlin's song "Adelaide," and our favorite sassy bat is from Hanna Is Not A Boy's Name!


A couple of close ups:


















And one more shot for the fun of it:

0 comments is not enough!:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.